Soup Of Beans And Potatoes With Sausage. Presentation:
Soup is very traditional stews made with legumes and potatoes. They are typical winter meals, when the body demands more energy to combat the cold. Although they are caloric dishes, they can be cooked by avoiding fats as far as possible and, because of their great satiating power due to the large amount of fiber they contain, they can even be part of thinning diets if consumed in moderation.
This recipe has been sent by Merche Borjas, a great friend and follower of this page. With this recipe we inaugurate new section in this blog with recipes of the followers that, by their quality, I think they deserve to be shared with the permission of its author. I thank Merche for his generosity, allowing me to publish this recipe with the images he has given me.
If you want to participate in this section, you can do it by joining the Friends group Anna’s Easy Recipes on Facebook HERE and there to share your recipes with the final result image and, if you wish, also process photos.
- 500 grams of beans
- 300 g of potatoes already peeled
- 1 onion
- 1 green pepper
- 2 garlic
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- A pinch of dye for paella
- 75 g cured bacon
- 75 g of fresh chorizo
Extra virgin olive oil
Soak the beans the night before. It should be about 12 hours.
- In the pot or casserole with a little olive oil, prepare a stir fry with the onion, the green pepper and the finely chopped garlic. When it starts to brown, add the bacon cut. Let it cook for a minute or two on low heat.
- Fry the sausage in another frying pan and add it to the previous stir fry without the fat.
- Incorporate the beans and cover with water. Add the corresponding salt, a spoonful of paprika, bay leaf and a pinch of food coloring. Leave to cook for the duration indicated by the manufacturer on the package.
- At the last moment, when you have fifteen or twenty minutes remaining for the tender beans, add the diced potatoes or snap. If you click on them, they fatten the broth and it is much richer. Rectify the salt and take care that it is boiling add a little water during cooking and whenever you think it necessary. Serve it hot.
This stew can be prepared the day before and will be delicious. You can also take advantage of freezing it; in that case, the best thing is that you do not add potatoes because they change their texture when frozen.
With this recipe you can make variations to your taste by increasing the quantity or variety of vegetables, or varying the meats (rib, meatballs, chicken,). If you decide to be a vegetarian, you should only suppress the meat.
If you use precooked beans, the preparation time will be considerably reduced. If you cook this recipe in a quick pot you will also reduce the cooking time.